As a casual employee of Engage you covenant and undertake the following conditions and agreements for casual employment through Engage and its host clients:
MOBILE PHONE USAGE
- During work hours it is essential to have your phone on silent or vibrate mode unless specifically instructed or allowed by your Supervisor.
- Sufficient time is allowed for personal calls during rest periods, rest pauses or lunch breaks.
- As an Engage Employee you agree to observe all host client directions for mobile phone usage. IF IN DOUBT TURN IT OFF. Please advise supervisors or leading hands if you are expecting an emergency or important call.
DRUG & ALCOHOL PROCEDURES
- Engage requires that all employees must be free from any influence of alcohol or drugs during working hours, or while on call.
- Being in possession of or consuming alcohol or illegal drugs is not permitted on any workplace premises.
- Engage and its host clients reserve their right to conduct random drug and alcohol screening on site periodically and as such you will be required to supply a sample for random testing.
- Being unfit for duty due to intoxication from alcohol or drugs can be considered gross misconduct and staff identified as being under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be subject to disciplinary procedures and/ or dismissal from employment.
- As an Engage employee you agree to undertake the guidelines regarding Drug & Alcohol use and random testing.
GENERAL SAFETY GUIDELINES
- No employee will perform a job until he/she has been fully trained has been authorised to perform that job.
- Do not perform any work that you or others may consider potentially dangerous to yourself or other people/equipment.
- No employee is to use or handle any chemicals without the knowledge of potential dangers or without the correct PPE.
- Any work related injuries, accidents, potential hazards or near-misses are to be reported immediately to your workplace supervisor and to Engage to ensure the correct forms are competed and action taken.
- Obey all workplace rules, signs, government regulations and instructions.
- Always use the right tools and equipment for the job to be performed, (if you are not sure, ask your supervisor).
- Never remove safety guards or override any electronic safety systems whilst operating machinery, use Safe Work Practice
- Always stand clear of operating equipment and machinery.
- Do not use any defective equipment, worn electrical wiring, overloaded power outlets or any machinery with danger/warning isolation tags attached. (Report all worn or defective equipment to your workplace supervisor).
- Long hair must be tied back or contained, rings must be removed when operating moving machinery or electrical equipment.
- When ascending or descending stairs always use the hand rail, do not run in any workplace.
- Do not stand on chairs, tables, etc., to obtain articles out of reach. Always use the correct access equipment.
- Keep all draws cabinet doors closed when not in use. Store all tools, equipment boxes and rubbish etc. in the correct places to avoid tripping or striking hazards.
- When lifting heavy objects always utilise recommended lifting techniques.
- As an Engage employee you agree to take under advisement the relevant safety guidelines while employed.
What Information do we collect and how is it used?
We are asking you to provide certain information that will be entered onto our Employment database. This information includes certain details such as your name, contact information, your birth date, your employment history and financial details such as bank account numbers (so that you can be paid by direct deposit). This is referred to as “personal information”.
Will your personal information be disclosed to anyone else?
We may provide information about you to external employers in an endeavor to match you to a job, arrange training, marketing and staff management. More sensitive information (called “secondary information”) is disclosed to prospective employers who have specific need to know such additional information.
What are your rights with regards to access?
MANUAL HANDLING PROCEDURES
This Procedure applies to all Engage staff, visitors, contractors, and volunteers. It also applies to all activities both on and off worksite property, including any other programmed activity undertaken during normal or extended hours of employment outside the workplace. Wherever it is practical and available, our aim is to promote and maintain the health and wellbeing of our staff and the places of business where they work and to minimise the risks of manual handling injuries by implementing a systematic approach based on a Risk Management Model as follows:-
- The workplace WPHS representative will be consulted during this and the following process:
- Identify any hazardous manual handling tasks
- Assess the risks
- Control the risks
- Monitor the controls
- Timelines will be developed for completion of the risk assessment process and reports provided to staff and employers on progress.
- A system will be developed to ensure that any new manual handling hazards are identified, assessed and controlled as they occur.
Engage is committed to ensuring this policy is publicised and implemented and will regularly monitor and review its effectiveness.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- I understand that I must submit to Engage by no later than 10am Monday, a timesheet detailing hours worked for the previous week. Timesheets must be approved and signed by the appropriate client Supervisor/Manager before they will be accepted by Engage. It is my responsibility to submit timesheets to Engage on time and follow up with the client if necessary. I understand that timesheets submitted after 10am Monday may not be processed and may carry over to the following pay period. Engage guarantees that all correctly submitted timesheets received by the payroll deadline will be processed and paid on Thursday each week.
- In the event that any excess payment is made to me, I authorise Engage to make the appropriate deductions from my following pay subsequent to the discovery of the error. Alternatively, Engage may agree to a different repayment schedule.
- If the host client has additional work requirements, and my role changes, I will contact a Engage consultant immediately or at the earliest possible time.
- I agree to use the required personal protective equipment as instructed by Engage or the host client. I agree to comply with the supervisors instructions regarding workplace health and safety and will not wilfully place myself or any other person at the workplace in risk. I further agree to adhere to all workplace health and safety policies in place with the host client, including drug and alcohol screening.
- I agree that in the event that I sustain an injury / illness during, as a result of, or on the way to or from a work assignment, I shall advise Engage immediately or at the earliest possible time.
- If I am unable to attend work or have problems with my assignment obligations, I understand I must contact Engage immediately.
- I consent to Engage disclosing personal information provided by me and my referees, to Engage clients as potential employers.
- I consent to Engage disclosing information related to my job assignment and employment with Engage to relevant third parties as required and requested by those third parties.
- My employment with Engage is as a casual labour hire employee; as such I may be assigned to provide services for the benefit of Engage Clients, with each shift constituting a discrete period of employment.
- I understand that Engage does not control the length of any assignment and I accept that, while Engage may indicate the potential length of an assignment in good faith, the Client may vary the length of the assignment or terminate my placement at its absolute discretion.
- I accept that if a client of Engage varies the length of an assignment period or terminates my attendance at an assignment as contemplated, Engage has the right, at its discretion to discontinue my employment.
- By providing my email address to Engage, I consent to receive payslips and end of financial year payment summaries electronically unless Engage has been advised otherwise.